To eat, or not to eat?

Quick rundown: 17 credits, 2 jobs, work 20 hours a week, 3 meetings a week, and so on.  I'm sure the average college student can relate to the hectic schedule that a full time student acquires, and up until this semester I have managed it pretty well.  But I've hit a snag this semester, I'm not eating well.  This is a problem.  I run between 8-10 miles a day and I am beginning to feel the effects of malnutrition, so I'm debating on buying a meal plan to use on campus. It's either that or waste away slowly.

If I had to name one gay trait that I have, it is this.  I'm a connoisseur of fine food.  I love to eat.  I'd rather spend twenty-five dollars on a good meal than on a piece of clothing.  So you can imagine the stress it causes me when I come home and don't have time to eat.  I end up living off of granola bars, orange juice, and candy (quickest way to my heart, SUGAR!)

In my state of starvation yesterday I happened upon one of my favorite places to eat here in Provo, and as chance would have it there was a young, obviously gay couple, on a date.  I smiled to myself and thought, "I'm surrounded." Now, in the past I've prided myself in my gay-identifying abilities (aka gay-dar) this comes as the product of living in Miami Beach and the Florida Keys for a few years.  However, I'm convinced there is a Bermuda Triangle of Provo that throws off said gay-dar.  It's a tad depressing.  My temporary solution is much like a tribal judicial system, gay until proven straight.  It works out pretty well as long as everyone doesn't cross their legs like the couple out for a romantic meal yesterday evening. But, gay or not, a man must eat.  So don't be surprised if you find me researching in-field techniques of gay-dar and its application, within the Provo-triangle that is BYU cafeteria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off Balance

You're Gay

The BYU Crowd